CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thought for Today

What Sin Really Is

BIBLE MEDITATION:
"He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is
condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God." John 3:18

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The world doesn't really know what sin is. They think sin is lying,
stealing, murder, adultery, arson, rape. No, those are sins. Do you know
what sin is? Sin is the rejection of Jesus Christ that will damn a soul to
hell. You don't go to hell because you steal, lie, kill, or fornicate.

I hear people say, "Sure, I lie every now and again, but God isn't going to
send me to hell for that. I might fry a few years in purgatory, but to die
in hell for lying doesn't make sense."

When a man talks that way, he doesn't understand sin.

Sin is high treason against a holy God. Sin is a clenched fist in the face
of God. Sin says to God, "I will not bow to You. I will not serve You. I
will not trust You." That is sin.

ACTION POINT:
The great commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind.
The great sin is not to do it.